This course covers the entire process of marketing in a systematic way. Topics such as situational analysis, marketing mix, segmentation, product life cycles, customer decision making behavior, pricing strategies, promotional ideas, advertisement, branding and many other areas are explored.
• What is marketing?
• What are the historical approaches to marketing?
• How does modern marketing differ from historical approaches?
• What is involved in a marketing process?
• What techniques are used for situational analysis?
• How does marketing relate to sales and what does this mean when planning your strategy?
• What is a SWOT analysis and how can you take advantage of it in marketing?
• How customers decide?
• How can you influence customers in each stage of their decision making process?
• How to devise a marketing strategy to appeal to customers in each stage of their decision making process
• How to segment the market
• How to target the market based on specific segmentations
• How to devise a marketing mix and position your products appropriately according to your target market
• What are various positioning strategies and what are their advantages and disadvantages?
Marketing Mix: Product
• What is the life cycle of a product?
• What to consider when developing products in line with your marketing mix
Marketing Mix: Price
• What is involved in the process of pricing your products?
• How to price your products in line with your objectives
• What legal issues should you be aware of when pricing?
• What are supply and demand curves and how can you use them when setting up your prices?
• Should you have variations of a single product? If so, how many?
• How to price multiple variations of a product to maximise your profit
Marketing Mix: Place/Distribution
• What is the importance of distribution and what is involved?
• What are various types of sales channels?
Marketing Mix: Promotion
• How can you promote your product?
• What are the 4 principal elements of promotion?
• How to use viral marketing
• What is involved in branding?
• What are best practices in marketing?
• What are the critical areas in marketing that can make all the difference?