Who is this course for?
• Students who need to improve their Academic IELTS or General IELTS.
• Students who need thorough preparation in the format and requirements of the IELTS exam.
• Students who need exam practice tasks and feedback from highly qualified and experienced teachers.
• Students who want to strengthen their ability to respond effectively to exam tasks.
What will you learn?
• Academic writing and listening skills
• To speak with more fluency and accuracy
• To improve your grammar skills
• Vocabulary specific to typical test themes
• Formal, informal and academic language
• Exam strategies and techniques for the best chance at success
Why study IELTS with us?
• Our courses are suited to both lower level IELTS (5.5-6.0) and higher level (6.5-8.0).
• Classes give a thorough grounding in all four skills as well as expanding general English vocabulary, improving grammar and perfecting students’ functional and conversational language.
• Provide a unique opportunity for tutors to give you individual feedback, and help in areas where you’re struggling.
• Students are not assessed only on the basis of the end-of-course tests, but also on continuous assessment of progress in all skills during the course. Assessment is based on written work, oral ability, communicative ability and participation in class.
• Course Duration: 7 weeks (2 hours per week)
• Maximum 12 students per class (Average 8-10)
• Certificate at end of Course
Elementary (CEFR level A1)
Pre-Intermediate (CEFR level A2)
Intermediate (CEFR level B1)
Upper Intermediate (CEFR level B2)
Advanced (CEFR level C1)
• Students are tested on their first day to determine their class level. Students are then placed in the appropriate level group.
• Students are tested every 2-3 weeks and are required to achieve the required level of proficiency in order to progress to the next level.
• Please note that we do not run classes for students at Beginner level. Students who do not meet the minimum entry standard in the English Placement Test will not be admitted to the programme.
English is the most widely spoken language across the world. It is also widely learned as a second language and used as an official language in many countries as well as in many world organizations. This Conversational English programme focuses on how to improve participants’ conversation skills whereby participants will be taught how to start and keep a conversation going. This programme also develops proficiency in other language skills such as listening, reading, writing, grammar and vocabulary.
This program shall be conducted based on the following modules:
1. Foundational English – Grammar and Vocabulary
2. Communication Skills
3. Listening, Reading & Writing
There are 6 Levels available:
Level 1 – Beginner level
Level 2 – Elementary Level
Level 3 – Pre Intermediate Level
Level 4 – Intermediate Level
Level 5 – Upper Intermediate Level / English at Workplace
Level 6 – Business English
Intensive English Programme (IEP) - Local & International
IEP helps to develop all four major skills:
The IEP consists of 4 levels: Beginner, Intermediate, Upper Intermediate and Advanced. The course consists of 20 contact hours per week. There are four intakes a year. Each level comprises of 10 weeks. The Intensive English Programme (IEP) constitutes 10 weeks of lesson and it covers all of the major language skills including: grammar, vocabulary, conversation, pronunciation, reading, writing and listening comprehension. Our IEP combines language skills development, experiential learning, and the use of technology to help learners reach their desired language goals.
Students will take a placement test to assess their language proficiency prior to being placed in the most appropriate level to improve upon their command and competencies in the comprehensive use of the English language.
• Local / International students
• 17 years and above
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
• Achieve their full potential for personal, professional or educational success
• Master speaking, reading and writing skills
• Develop organisation, coherence and accuracy in writing
• Acquire research and note-taking skills
• Small class sizes allow students many opportunities to participate in meaningful class activities and create a comfortable class environment
• Skills-based curriculum integrates reading and writing, listening and speaking into one complete program of study
• Classes vary by level, focusing on the needs of language learners of varying proficiency levels
• Access to extensive computing and library facilities
• IELTS preparation
Teaching personnel & books:
This programme is taught by professionally qualified language lecturers with passion to assist the students to master the language. The textbooks used in this programme are specially designed for ELT and carefully selected to meet students’ needs.
Who is this course for?
• STPM candidates, matriculation students, diploma and pre-university students who wish to pursue a degree programme in local universities.
• Students already in university and are about to graduate, MUET is compulsory for graduating from a local university.
• Public (government) servants also take MUET for promotion opportunities. For instance, police officers, teachers and administrative staff take MUET as an English qualification.
• 2 x 4-hour sessions per week
• 4 weeks
• 30-hour duration
What you will get?
• Receive expert guidance on MUET essentials
• Exam format and components of each test module
• Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading plus critical thinking
• Familiarise yourself with MUET through Exam
• Sample practice exercises
• Learn valuable exam tips and strategies
← Short Courses